The Keto Two Minute Burger Bun is a simple, quick and easy, low carb replacement for regular buns.
This Keto bread is also pretty delicious and it will hold up to your juicy burger.
The best part is that it only takes two minutes! Two minutes! It will take you longer to read this recipe!
👨🏽🍳 How to make the bun:
- In a small cereal bowl, thoroughly mix the baking powder and almond flour ensuring that there are no clumps.
See the photos further down below in the post for the bowls that we use to get the nice bun shape. This goes a long way in making your bun feel like "real" bread.
- Add the oil and egg.
- Beat it like you’re making an omelet.
Use a fork to make sure you get all of the clumps out and whip it with the fork to get maximum fluff out of your bread.
- Microwave on high for 90 seconds.
- At the end of 90 seconds you will have a bun in the shape of the bottom of the bowl.
The bun will slightly pull away from the sides of the bowl when it's done.
Once you remove the bun from the bowl, let it cool for a few minutes before slicing. You don't have to wait if you don't want to. But you'll get a better result.
Slice through the midsection with a bread knife so that you have a top and bottom.
📋 Tips and FAQ's:
- If you like seeds on your bun sprinkle some in the bottom of the bowl before adding batter.
Or, brush the top with olive oil and butter then sprinkle them on before toasting in the toaster oven
- You can use this low carb bun for any kind of sandwich you want but it will definitely stand up to your juiciest burger IF...you let it cool before you slice it.
It is very soft when it is still warm.
- It'll hold up even better if you toast it before you start adding a bunch of wet ingredients like the burger, mayonnaise and tomatoes, etc.
My favorite way to toast this bun is in a cast iron pan with butter.
- Burgers are always an easy Keto Meal but you can't live on burgers alone...
Here's a few recipes that go great with burgers:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Shake
- Zucchini Fries
- Tabouli Salad
- Bacon & Broccoli Salad
- Keto KFC Copycat Coleslaw
- Strawberry Milkshake
🥣 Which bowl should you use?
This Burger Bun Recipe is fairly simple but I have been getting some comments about the shape of the bun so I decided to post what we use to make them...
We use these three bowls just depending on what shape we would like (and what is clean lol).
On the left is a deep cereal bowl, in the middle is a soup mug and on the left is a large ramekin.
For burgers, the cereal bowl works well because it is a little wider and can accommodate a reasonable sized burger. The bowls with a smaller circumference will result in a "thicker" bun with a smaller circumference.
I made the sandwich in the photo below in the cereal bowl on the left...
I didn't toast it or add seeds to this one or even try to make it pretty for the photo...it was just a quickie meal.
This Low Carb Burger Bun recipe never disappoints. I made three buns in in about ten minutes total including prep time.
If you need a little help making the best damn patty in the world learn from the expert right here...
That's it for the Keto Two Minute Burger Buns!
I would love to hear from you in the comment section if you have any awesome additions or questions.
More Keto Bread Recipes to Love:
Keto Two Minute Burger Bun Recipe
- In a small cereal bowl, thoroughly mix the baking powder and almond flour ensuring that there are no clumps. See the post for the bowls that we use to get the nice bun shape. This goes a long way in making your bun feel like "real" bread.
- Add the oil and egg and beat it like you are making an omelet.Microwave on high for 90 seconds.
- At the end of 90 seconds you will have a bun in the shape of the bottom of the bowl. Slice through the midsection with a bread knife so that you have a top and bottom.
Readers' Favorite Categories:
The nutrition info for the two minute Keto Burger Bun is provided as a courtesy.
We do our best to be accurate but we will never be offended if you want to do you own calculations.