Keto Two Minute Hash Browns
As Amazon and Instacart Associates, this post may contain affiliate links that allow us to generate income.
I love spaghetti squash and find it easier to work with than riced cauliflower for this dish. If you miss hash browns with your weekend breakfast Keto Two Minute Hash Browns are just the ticket to curb your cravings for crispy breakfast potatoes.
Spaghetti squash has a very mild flavor and you can easily manipulate it with the addition of your favorite spices. Plus it only takes two minutes of prep time. The squash strands mimic the shredded potatoes that we have all grown up with better than cauliflower as well.
This recipe is ideal for left over spaghetti squash. I always choose the larger squashes at the store so that I will have some left over for hash browns. And, when you plan to make these make sure you have all of the ingredients for the Keto Biscuits and Gravy.
Just check out these steaming hot, golden brown beauties…
Keto Two Minute Hash Browns Recipe Tips:
- This recipe is best for leftover, cooked spaghetti squash. It’s gets crispier in the pan if it is cold when you start out.
Just in case, this is the easiest way to make spaghetti squash:
-Slice in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds ( these can be toasted just like pumpkin seeds if you’re into that).
-Place cut side down in a roasting pan filled with one inch of water.
-Bake at 350F for 1.5 to 2 hours or until you can pierce the skin with a fork.
-Flip over, let cool and scoop out the good stuff.
- Mix the salt and pepper into the squash mixture in a large bowl.
- Roll the mixture into 6 even balls and flatten them into patties with your hand. Squeeze out as much excess moisture as you can before forming the patties.
- You can use butter, coconut oil or olive oil for this recipe but real butter makes this taste more like the real deal.
- I like my hash browns with just sea salt and black pepper. But you could add garlic powder, finely chopped onions and finely chopped bell peppers to give it that “O’Brien taste.
- Pre-heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat to get the sizzle needed to crisp these patties.
- Resist the urge to flip these before the are browned on the fist side. Wait 2-2.5 minutes at least before flipping them.
- Serve with a fried egg on top & bacon or sausage on the side and this breakfast will stick to your ribs as well as any high carb version.
Two Minute Keto Hash Browns with Spaghetti Squash
- 2 Cups Cooked Spaghetti Squash
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste (optional)
- 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste (optional)
- Mix salt and pepper into 2 cups left over spaghetti squash
- Form into six even balls and squish into patties.
- Place into buttered, pre-heated frying pan over medium/high heat.
- Resist the urge to turn over until golden brown (about 2.5 minutes on each side).
The nutrition information in this recipe is provided as a courtesy. But, if anything ever looks off on this website or any website, feel free to make your own calculations.
Keto Two Minute Hash Browns are awesome with a little bit of sausage gravy or cheese and you should experiment with spices to see what you can come up with. And, this recipe will come in handy in case of any more cauliflower recalls…that was a big deal for a lot of my Keto friends.
If you are looking for breakfast ideas, these hash browns go great with these breakfast tacos….
Cheers everyone and Keto On!