Keto smothered pork chops are a delicious and easy way to enjoy a keto friendly meal.
These pork chops are pan-fried until golden brown and enveloped in a warm mushroom gravy peppered with spices.
They’re perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner that you can make in 30 minutes, or can be served as the main course as part of a larger keto-friendly feast.
Question- are keto breakfast pork chops a thing?
If they are, sign me up!
I love pork chops for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. And this recipe is super easy to make, which is a huge bonus in our book.
Ingredients for the Keto Pork Chops Recipe:
- Pork chops- 6 to 8 oz each
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mushrooms- sliced/chopped
- Garlic cloves minced
- Dried thyme
- Chicken bouillon
- Sour cream
- dried rosemary
This ingredient is optional since I have come across a lot of readers who don’t care for it. Use as much as you want if you like it, but less is more with this piney spice.
Instructions to make keto pork chops:
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper to taste.
- On medium/high heat, cook pork chops in a cast iron skillet for about 4 minutes on each side in olive oil, until you have a golden sear.
- Remove the pork chops to a plate.
- Add sliced mushrooms and minced garlic to the same pan.
- Sprinkle with thyme and rosemary if using. Cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring only once, until mushrooms soften a bit. Don’t overcook here or they will get mushy.
- Mix chicken bullion into sour cream. Then add mixture to the mushrooms and combine. Do not let it boil but heat through on low/medium heat.Add pork chops back into the pan. Cook on low heat, covered, until the pork chops are warmed through. Do not let it boil or the sour cream will get grainy.
- Serve the smothered pork chops hot and garnish with chopped fresh parsley or chives if desired.
Is pork good for keto?
Pork is a great source of protein and other nutrients, making it a perfect addition to a keto-friendly diet. These juicy pork chops are also an excellent source of healthy fats, which are essential on a keto diet.
Pork tends to be overlooked on the keto diet unless you are talking about bacon.
What kind of mushrooms can I use in this recipe?
While any type of mushroom can be used in this recipe, I prefer to use white button mushrooms or baby bella mushrooms.
How many carbs are in these keto pork chops?
Each pork chop with 1/4 of the mushroom sauce contains approximately 3 grams of net carbs.
Do I have to use bone in pork chops?
No, you don’t have to use bone in pork chops. However, I find that they tend to be more tender and flavorful than boneless pork chops.
Boneless pork chops will work just fine in this recipe, but you may need to cook them for a minute or two less than the recipe states.
In fact, if you opt for boneless pork chops you can try brining them an hour or so before you make dinner (I know, this adds a lot of prep time onto the pork chop recipe but the results will be juicy, tender chops).
It’s not active time, it’s more like set and forget.
How to brine boneless pork chops:
- 2 cups cold water
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 Tablespoons of Allulose (optional)
- 4 boneless pork chops
In a small bowl whisk together water, apple cider vinegar, salt, and Allulose until they have dissolved. Add the pork chops to the bowl and make sure they are completely submerged in the brine. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, up to 2 hours.
After the pork chops have finished brining, remove them from the bowl and pat dry with paper towels. Do not rinse. You won’t taste the vinegar on your pork chops, it cooks off. But, skip the salt before cooking and opt for just pepper.
How long do I cook pork chops?
The recipe calls for 4 minutes on each side in the initial steps.
Once you add the pork chops back to the pan they should be cooked until they reach an internal temperature of at least 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
I like to use a meat thermometer to check the temperature of my pork chops, as it ensures that they are cooked perfectly every time.
Overcooked pork tends to dry out and get really tough.
What is the best way to cook pork chops without them drying out?
Besides using a meat thermometer, avoid cooking pork chops on high heat. It’s easy to over do it if you are cooking on high, even if they are brined.
And, no amount of gravy will cover up dried out pork chops.
Can I make this Keto Pork Chops Recipe Dairy Free?
Yes! To make this dairy-free, simply omit the sour cream from the recipe and use a dairy free replacement like Good Earth Sour Cream.
This recipe is naturally gluten free.
Can I make this pork chop recipe with other cuts of meat?
This recipe can easily be made with chicken. Simply substitute chicken breasts or thighs for the pork chops and follow the recipe as directed.
You could also use lamb chops in this recipe as well. They would be perfect on a cold winter night…
That’s all for the Smothered Low Carb Pork Chops!
I hope you’ll enjoy this recipe. If you make it, please come back and leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!
Cheers Keto People!
Keto Smothered Bone in Pork Chops Recipe
- dried rosemary
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper to taste. Cook on medium/high heat in a cast iron skillet for about 4 minutes on each side in olive oil until you have a nice golden sear.Remove the pork chops to a plate.
- Add sliced mushrooms and minced garlic to the same pan. Sprinkle with thyme and rosemary if using. Cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring only once, until mushrooms soften a bit. Don't overcook here or they will get mushy.
- Mix chicken bullion into sour cream. Then add mixture to the mushrooms and combine. Do not let it boil but heat through on low/medium heat.
- Add pork chops back into the pan. Cook on low heat, covered, until the pork chops are heated through.
- Serve hot and garnish with chopped fresh parsley or chives if desired.
The nutritional info in this post is provided as a courtesy. We do our best to make sure it’s accurate but if you have anything looks off please feel free to calculate the macros.