(3 net carbs per serving & Gluten Free)
So, I have to say...this is the easiest homemade cracker recipe you are EVER going to find.
These come out to less than one carb each and are delicious.
They come out really crispy and you can season them however you would like BUT I really recommend the Everything Bagel seasoning because it's freaking fantastic!
I have also posted the recipe for the seasoning to save you money if you want to make your own.
Most Almond flour cracker recipes that I have tried haven't "made the cut" and I haven't shared them on the site because they just don't come out crunchy.
But these do if you follow the super simple directions.
Another HUGE bonus is that this recipe only needs THREE ingredients. Almond flour, one egg and spice...that's it.
Gather What You'll Need
- This recipe only has three ingredients so this step is simple.
You can purchase the Everything Bagel seasoning here.
Or you can make your own. It costs more to buy all of the ingredients up front but it will end up costing less if you love this seasoning and use a lot of it. I use it on chicken, in bread and no a lot of crudites type snacks so I opted for this.
Plus, it's so good that I have been making it for gifts and the tween wants to sell it at the farmers Market this Summer. ( I love that she is entrepreneurial).
The recipe is posted below the cracker recipe so you can check it out. ( It's easy to make too. Just add the ingredients and shake.)
- You may start to think that there won't be enough liquid from the egg to make a dough.
But there is so keep mixing and resist the temptation to add anything else.
The reason that these come out so crispy when other almond flour crackers fall short is that the liquid is minimal.
Make a Ball
- Once your dough is pretty much formed knead it with your hands to make a ball.
You can oil your hands slightly if the dough sticks to your skin but don't overdo it. It did not stick to my hands but I thought I would add it just in case.
Roll Between Parchment
- Parchment paper is your friend here.
Without it the dough will stick to your rolling pin. Try to roll the dough out as evenly as possible. Go for ⅛ of an inch thick.
I tried to roll this out into a rectangle but it's tough to keep the edges straight. Don't get crazy about making this perfect.
Cut & Shape
- Bake until SLIGHTLY Golden Brown
I baked mine for 6 minutes, rotated the baking sheet and baked for three more minutes.
Don't over bake...
Then I turned the oven off & removed the baking sheet for five minutes. I returned the whole baking sheet to the the oven which was COOLING down at this point to crispy up.
This method acts as a dehydrator of sorts. It should NOT bake your crackers any more but just sort of dry them out so that they have the "crunch" that's so sorely lacking in most Keto snacks.
- I let my crackers hang out in the oven for about thirty minutes to cool.
You could probably get away with less time of you are in a rush. I was doing some other things around the house and when I took them out of the oven they were ready to break up.
As they cooled to room temperature, they got crunchier. AND, I WAS THRILLED!
I really can't decide if I like these or the Chia Seed Crackers better.
I appreciate that these take hardly any time at all to whip up and the fact that I only need three ingredients.
Eat these crackers by themselves or make a meal...
We eat a lot of tapas type meals around here. Especially for lunch.
These Almond Crackers held up to spreading goat cheese over them and I am sure they would be great with dip too.
They didn't last long...but you can store them in an airtight container if yours do.
I was tempted to double the recipe because I knew they would be gone in a heartbeat.
Doubling the recipe is fine as long as you have a baking sheet that's big enough to roll them to the correct thickness. Or, just use two cookie sheets...
That's it for the crackers. Super simple to make but will curb your snack cravings.
If you have any questions about these or any fantastic tips that you would like to share leave a comment below!
Crispy, Crunchy, Low Carb Everything Bagel Almond Crackers
Keto Everything Bagel Almond Crackers
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoon Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 1 ½ cups finely ground almond flour
- Preheat oven to 390 degrees.
- Put all the ingredients in a mixing bowl, and mix thoroughly.
- Knead the dough as much as you can with your hands, then put another sheet of parchment on top, and roll the dough to about 1/16" thick.
- Remove the top parchment and cut into 24 crackers with a pizza cutter. then transfer parchment paper to a baking sheet.
- Bake for 6 minutes. Rotate the baking sheet then bake for at least 3 more minutes, or until golden brown. (Check every minute or so)
- Turn the oven off. Remove the crackers from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Then put them back in the oven for 10-15 minutes. The oven will be OFF and cooling. This will make the crackers golden brown and crispy.
- Once completely cooled separate the crackers, and you can store them in an airtight container for up to 5 days. (we usually just eat them - but you can store them if they last that long)
Readers' Favorite Categories:
A word about Everything but the Bagel Seasoning
I love this seasoning and it's fantastic on soooo many dishes.
And, it contains all healthy ingredients. But, I do have to mention something that I have been seeing a lot of lately.
I have been seeing a lot of low carb recipes using copious amounts of this seasoning.
On the original "Trader Joes" Everything but the Bagel brand they list the serving size as ¼ of a teaspoon and calculate the nutrition at zero carbs.
While this is technically true...because .25 of a teaspoon comes out to less than 1 gram of carbs they can actually say a serving size has ZERO NET CARBS.
But, no one I know only uses .25 of a teaspoon of this stuff .
It's not a huge deal but this stuff isn't the zero carb "free for all" that it's been portrayed as.
I have listed a serving size as 1 teaspoon ( which is reasonable) and I calculated the carbohydrates in the cracker recipe.
If you are worried about going over your allotted amount of carbs...just use salt, pepper and thyme, etc. in the cracker recipe instead and you will cut out about .66 of one carbohydrate per serving.
I love this stuff and one carb is good with me...just thought I would mention it because it kind of rubs me the wrong way that Trader Joe's is using loopholes to sell this stuff as a zero carbohydrate seasoning...
Delicious Everything Bagel Seasoning
Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 2.5 Tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 Tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 1 Tablespoon white sesame seeds Toasted or raw. Whatever you like.
- 1.5 Tablespoons dried minced garlic
- 1.5 Tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoon flaked sea salt
- Mix all ingredients and store in an airtight container. I use a small mason jar with the top from the powdered Parmesan in the green can.
Readers' Favorite Categories:
The nutritional information on this site is provided as a courtesy. I try to be accurate but if anything ever looks “off” on this site or ANY site, please feel free to do your own calculations. I swear I won’t be offended…..