I never imagined a diet where pizza was on the list of approved foods. Keto Pizza goes against everything we have ever learned about healthy eating right?
Happily, we can have grain free pizza without packing in the pounds. It’s a delightful and healthy food for the Keto Diet and Lifestyle.
I think it helps to have the foods that you love on the list of foods that support your weight loss goals on the Keto Diet. It makes “dieting” feel less like a sacrifice and more like a sustainable lifestyle.
This crust can be rolled ultra thin or you can keep it thick if you like that better. Either way the nutritional information is based on the crust being sliced into four even slices. Just remember to keep track of what you put in it so you don’t blow your calories or carb counts for the day.
If you like spinach and artichoke pizza, I will post the recipe that can be used as a topping or a dip under the pizza crust.
And, the nutritional composition is already figured out for you.
Tips for Keto Pizza Sauce:
- If you are using store bought pizza sauce make sure to check the label. Tomato based sauces can be chock full of sugar.
- I use a pizza stone to make this crust but if you don’t have one a 10 to 13 inch pizza pan or baking sheet will do the trick.
- You can roll this dough out between two pieces of parchment paper. Or you can squish it into the pan with oiled hands. I find that using a heavy rolling pin helps to get the crust flat so that it cooks evenly.
- Don’t let this crust get past the “golden brown” point. Nut crusts can go from perfect to burnt quickly. It doesn’t have to look burnt to taste burnt either.
- Coconut flour cannot be substituted for almond flour. They absorb water differently.
- This pizza dough can be frozen if lightly cooked and wrapped tightly. Dont store it in the fridge for too long in dough form because too much condensation will ruin the dough and may cause it to go off.
Low Carb Pizza Crust (Fathead Dough Recipe)
Easy Low Carb 5 Ingredient Keto Pizza Crust
- 1 1/2 cup part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp unflavored whey protein powder substitute: 1 Tbsp oat bran or 1/4 cup more almond flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Microwave the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese, 30 seconds at a time, until completely melted, stirring between reheating. Add the egg and mix until incorporated. Add the almond flour and protein powder (if using) and mix until mixed thoroughly.
- Roll out the dough between two pieces of parchment paper or pat out with oiled hands. The dough is very sticky, but easier to handle the cooler it is.
- Place on a standard size sheet pan and bake for 12-15 minutes or until browned.
Add Desired Toppings
- Place back in the oven for about 8 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown
Spinach Artichoke Pizza Topping and Dip
Tips for Keto Pizza Artichoke Topping:
- Letting the cream cheese soften at room temperature will really help when you are combining the ingredients. You don’t have to but it will speed things up.
- Finely chop the artichoke hearts.
- You can use this recipe as a pizza topping or as a dip. It’s excellent with almond flour crackers.
Keto Spinach Artichoke Pizza
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Shredded Monteray Jack Cheese or whatever you like
- 8 oz Frozen Spinach Thawed and Squeezed Dry
- 1 Can Artichoke Hearts 13.75 oz can or whatever you have
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1/4 Cup Finely chopped onion
- 1 Tsp Minced Garlic Or 1/2 tsp dry garlic
- 1 Tsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 Tsp White Pepper Black is okay if you don’t have white pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Tabasco OPTIONAL (But it is so good)
- 1/2 Cup Additionnal Cheese for topping Mozzarella / Monterrey Jack or any kind you want
- 1 Tbsp Mayonnaise
Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Melt the butter with the onions and garlic in a non-stick pan over medium heat.When softened, add the cheeses heat until melted.Add the spinach and artichokes, stirring until well combined. Stir in the red wine vinegar and pepper. Taste and adjust for seasoning.
Putting it All Together
- Divide the spread in half (we’re only using half) and stir 1 tbsp of mayonnaise into the half being used.
Refrigerate the extra dip and use as a side, make another pizza or stuff into chicken.Distribute the remaining 1/2 cup of Monterrey Jack cheese over the crust. Spread the spinach artichoke dip over the pizza crust and return to the oven until warmed through. Serves 4.
As always, let me know if you have any questions or have made any improvements to this badass recipe for Spinach Artichoke Topping or the Pizza Crust.