Before jumping to the recipe, don't miss the HELPFUL RECIPE TIPS in the post! I hope you'll find them useful and will love this fantastic recipe.
( 2 Net Carbs per 4 count serving)
You know that feeling that you get when you have a sense of getting away with something that shouldn't be possible?
Like finding a new Michael Kors bag at a second hand store or getting out of the grocery store for under $100? These snacks are like that!
Everyone knows the toppings on the pizza are the best part of the meal (unless you just started Keto and still miss bread terribly)...if that's the case try this Keto Pizza Crust recipe.
Anyway, this recipe consists of the toppings ONLY and the whole deal takes about twenty minutes from start to finish.
They contain .5 net carbs and 32.75 calories each! POINT FIVE! Eat as many as you feel like you can "afford" without blowing your carbs and calories for the day.
Make them for a snack or call them a meal...I have done both. And, they all disappear quickly every single time I make them.
Let's get started:
Gather your stuff:
( This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I will make a small commission at no charge to you when you make a qualifying purchase.)
- This recipe has only 3 "required" ingredients as far as I am concerned.
Twenty-four slices of deli pepperoni, mozzarella cheese and some type of tomato are all you really need. You can use low carb sauce, diced tomatoes or cherry tomatoes sliced in half.
Or skip tomatoes altogether if that's what you want to do.
I don't care for pizza sauce and prefer fresh tomatoes...
This time I decided to add red pepper flakes and Italian Seasoning.
I included the nutrition info for the Italian Seasoning in the recipe but if you use fresh herbs instead, the net carbs will be lower.
Italian seasoning has some sneaky carbs in it because of the onions and garlic. Fresh basil leaves for instance would have a negligible amount of carbohydrates and calories.
But, since my herb garden hasn't even sprouted yet this season...I am using dried seasoning ( because I like it).
And, because fresh herbs at my local grocery store cost approximately the same per ounce as gold does.
- Add whatever toppings you like.
I occasionally add sliced black olives to the top or maybe sliced jalapeno. Don't get too carried away though...these cups are not huge because you will be using a mini muffin pan.
It's going to be a huge help in the last step if your pan is in good shape so that the cheese doesn't stick to it.
If it's not in great shape than oil it (on the top of the pan only, not in the "cups"). The pepperoni will do that for you.
If you need a new mini muffin pan, this is the one I like.
It has a non-stick coating...which I am generally not fond of because of the chemicals concerned but I always feel better about non-stick coatings that are not scratched up.
- Pile up your pepperoni in some reasonable manner so you don't end up cutting them one at a time.
I am big on saving time in the kitchen so I stack the pepperoni neatly and than cut a stack of five or six at a time with kitchen shears.
You can use a sharp knife as well, just don't attempt to cut the whole pile at once because it will leave you with wonky, uneven slits...yep, I tried it.
- Push the pepperoni into the the muffin cups.
The slits will overlap one another creating a barrier and the cheese will stay in them.
I suppose this is as good of a time as any to ask for thin, NOT SHAVED pepperoni at the deli.
The nice man at my local deli knows what I mean by now but there have been times when they cut it TOO thin and it left big holes in the meat. Ask for a sample if you are worried....
If this does happen to you and you are at home reading this and ready to make your snack, you can always double up on the slices.
- I have found that 1.5 cups of shredded mozzarella fills a 24 count mini muffin pan perfectly.
Fresh mozzarella is freaking delicious and if you have some you should use it. I am guessing it would be the same amount (about 12 ounces).
- The cheese will bake onto the pan a bit. This is why it's important that your pan is in good shape.
Don't worry, you will be able to get your pizza bites out of the pan with no problem. I have mild OCD and this bothered me a lot the first time I made these lol.
If this is you too, just know that you will NEVER be able to keep this from happening...just roll with it. They'll come out.
Let them cool a bit and use a plastic or silicone utensil to scoop them out. ( I use one of Ada's old silicone covered baby spoons that I keep hanging around).
I like to have my pizza bites with the toppings that won't fit into the muffin tin...
I hope you try these awesome little Keto Snacks!
In terms of time verses what you get in return, they are on the top of my "go to list" of Keto snack recipes.
Let me know if you have any questions or any brilliant modifications in the comments below.
Super Easy Low Carb Pizza Bites
Easy Keto Pepperoni Pizza Bites
- 24 slices Deli Pepperoni Ask for thin sliced for snacks. Not Shaved.
- 12 Cherry Tomatoes sliced in half
- 1.5 cups Mozzarella shredded or "fresh" mozzarella balls. * see tips in post
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning *optional
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Snip four, ½ inch cuts around the outside of your pepperoni. Leave the center uncut. See post for clarification.
- Press pepperoni into your mini muffin tin to make little cups. They will resemble flowers.
- Bake for 5 minutes. The pepperoni will be bright red but not browning yet.
- Add the ½ tomato to the cup, a sprinkle of Italian Seasoning and fill the rest of the cup with mozzarella. Add any additional topping you choose. *See post tips for suggestions.
- Bake an additional three minutes or until cheese is melted and pepperoni is slightly browned around the edges.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a couple of minutes. Remove from pan and serve. See post for storage and reheating info. ( Honestly, they never last that long around here).
Readers' Favorite Categories:
The nutritional info on this site is provided as a courtesy. I am careful about my calculations but if anything ever looks "off" on this site or ANY site, please feel free to do your own calculations. I swear I won't be offended.....