This recipe is so hard to make that it better be delicious! – Just kidding – it’s so delicious that you won’t believe how easy it is to make.
The Fall is the time of pumpkin spice everything – I love it – but I kind of thought that once I went Keto I would be missing out.
All of the benefits of Keto can be enjoyed with all the pumpkin flavor of the season.
All the Pumpkin Spice Recipes…..
Keto Pumpkin Bread is just the tip of the Pumpkin Spice-burg. (I crack myself up).
The Autumn season brings so many great things to taste, and lots of them require Pumpkin Spice.
This is one of those spices that is not actually just the one spice -I mean, I am sure that you go to your local grocery and get a bottle of a powder that is called “Pumpkin Spice.”
In that bottle will be a combination of other spices made to the formula of the company that made it.
If you would like to make your own pumpkin spice we have a recipe for you.
And this way you can tweak it to your own tastes and save a little money in the process.
Then when you make your Pumpkin Smoothies you can make them your way
And your Keto Pumpkin Pie will be just how you like it too- I personally like more cinnamon and less cloves, but that’s me, and we’re taking about you here.
And there’s more… you see where I’m going with this.
Recipe Tip: Make Keto Pumpkin Bread Personal
This is an awesome recipe – I guarantee it – and if you make just the way it is written it will turn out great!
You’re busy and don’t have tons of time and you just need something good for that holiday pot-luck. Sure I get that.
Still, you’re the one making the Keto Pumpkin Bread so make it your way.
The measurements – especially the spices – here are guidelines or suggestions.
I always put more cinnamon than is called for.
If you would like to reduces the moisture try adding an extra tablespoon of coconut flour.
You might like it sweeter or less sweet – add or subtract some allulose.
Nuts and Chocolate Chips
I like to add nuts to sweet breads – chopped walnuts or pecans would be my suggestion.
Ada and Brandy always add chocolate chips. And, I mean they add chocolate chips to almost every darn bread and cookie that they make. If that sounds good to you, try these Keto friendly chocolate chips.
Recipe Tip: Make sure the Keto Pumpkin Bread is all the way done
The first time I made this bread, the top was all golden brown and pretty. So I let it cool.
I got my knife and cutting board and cut some beautiful slices – sadly the middle was a little closer to the consistency of pudding than I would like. Not done.
I still enjoyed it after toasting.
If you are at a high altitude ( above 3000 feet) – like me – you will need to leave it in the oven a little longer – maybe an extra 10 to 15 minutes. The top may get a little darker than golden brown and that’s okay, it is still good. You can always put a piece of foil over it once it reaches the desired “golden color” too.
To check if it is done you can use the toothpick test – poke a toothpick all the way into the center. Pull it straight back out and then if it is clean the bread is done, and if there is batter stuck to it you need put it back in the oven.
Another way to see if it is done is the “thump” test – take the Keto Pumpkin Bread out of the oven and thump it on the bottom of the pan and on top. If it sounds hollow it’s done, if not put it back in the oven.
Recipe Tip: Pumpkin Puree
The pumpkin puree from the store is just used straight out of the can – as is. Make sure that you choose the pumpkin puree that only has “pumpkin” listed in the ingredients. “Pumpkin pie filling” has a bunch of added sugar.
We like to freeze pumpkin this time of year and then make our own puree.
If you’re doing it the old fashioned way, you will want to strain the pumpkin to get the moisture out of it before you puree it.
This will make it so your Keto Pumpkin Bread will cook all the way through without burning the outside.
Recipe Tip: Parchment Paper
Since I have become the chief baker here at CastleintheMountains.com I have found that parchment paper is a must in Keto baking – there is a reason professional bakers use it.
Still, I thought that my non-stick bread pan would allow my Keto Pumpkin Bread to just fall right out the way the Almond Flour Yeast Bread does.
It came out in pieces because even the well oiled bread pan stuck on the bottom.
To avoid this all you have to do is line the bread pan with parchment and it will come right out.
More healthy recipes to love:
Easy Low Carb Pumpkin Bread
- 1/2 cup butter melted- or for dairy free – coconut oil and an extra ¼ tsp of salt for flavor.
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Melt the butter. The way I do this is to put it in a small bowl and set on top (not in) of the preheating oven, that way by the time you need it, it will be melted.
- Line a bread pan with parchment.
- To a largish mixing bowl add the almond flour and coconut flour and uese a fork to declumpify. (a very technical term that means smash all the clumps so the flour is consistent and clump free)
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients to the declumpified flour and mix thoroughly.
- To another large mixing bowl add all of the wet ingredients and mix completely (whip) if you have a standing mixer mix on high for about a minute.
- Add the bowl of dry ingredients to the bowl with the wet ingredients and mix completely, but don't over mix. Mix for a few seconds, then scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl with a silicone scraper, then mix for another few seconds – that should be enough.
- Put the mixture in the parchment lined bread pan and bake for 50-60 minutes. If you live at lower elevations it should be done in 50 minutes. Way up in the mountains where we live it and hour and five minutes.
- When it's done remove from the oven and allow to cool so you can slice and enjoy.
We calculate the nutrition information to make things easy for you. We try to be accurate but if it doesn’t look quite right feel free to do your own calculation.
More Great Keto Info
At CITM we believe that Keto should be easy healthy and delicious.
Thanks Everyone and Keto On!