Savory Keto Herb Bread
Here at the Castle we have become the one stop shop on the internet for Keto Bread Recipes and we are proud to to offer this Keto Herb Bread.
It’s not eggy and it’s savory and delicious.
Parsley sage and rosemary, if you added thyme it would taste just like this classic song.
I always kind of thought it sounds like this time of year – it’s getting colder and the crock pot comes out to make chili and soups.
We had this last night with this Savory Keto Herb Bread toasted. And even though the first snow of the year was still covering the ground and the temp was well below freezing, we were all warmed up inside.
Keto definitely does not mean that you can’t enjoy some bread. There are tons of recipes that will keep you within your carb limit.
Recipe Tips & Tricks
- Recipe Tip: Butter Melting & Cheese Softening
You will see a lot of Keto bread and cake recipes that call for melted butter and softened cheese.
I have used the microwave for this but lately I have discovered – maybe by accident – that a preheating the oven works really well to melt butter and soften cheese.
You don’t have to put it in the oven, just on top of the stove while the oven is heating up.
For this recipe, unwrap the butter and cream cheese and put them in a bowl and then place that bowl right in the middle of the top of the stove – a spot that will get nice and warm, but not too warm while the oven is getting up to the right temp.
Then, just about the time that you need the butter and cheese to soft and melted it will be.
- Recipe Tip: Spices are all up to you.
The great part of this Keto Herb Bread is that you can adjust the spices according to what you like.
The spice measurements are suggestions. Follow them and you will make some great Keto bread.
But if you have time and you’re inclined to experiment, add more or less of your favorites.
- Recipe Tip: Declumpifying Almond Flour
This is a highly technical process that only the very finest bakeries know about, but I am sharing it with you here.
I’m kidding. We Keep our almond flour in the freezer because we don’t want it to go bad – I know that you know how expensive that stuff is.
The problem is that frozen almond flour tends to make big clumps that don’t make for easiest mixing.
The easy way to declumpify is to put the flour in a bowl first and use the back of a fork to smash all of the clumps until all you have left is powder.
- Recipe Tip: Don’t Over Mix
When you mix all of the wet ingredients, mix them hard and fast, almost like whipping.
But when you add the dry ingredients mix them until they are combined, but not more.
If you use an electric mixer, mix for 5-10 seconds after you add the dry ingredients, then stop the mixer and scrape down the sides and the bottom of the bowl.
Mix for another 5-10 seconds and you should be done.
The reason for this is that baking powder that is going to make the bread rise. It’s a is a chemical reaction that starts as soon as you start mixing with the wet ingredients.
If you over mix, you will be flattening the bread that want to rise.
We have a Kitchen Aid mixer that we used for this recipe.
You don’t absolutely have to have such pricey piece of kitchen equipment to cook Keto recipes.
You can also get less expensive stand up mixers, and I am sure they will work just fine.
Delicious Low Carb Keto Herb Bread Recipe
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese 1 Package softened
- 8 eggs room temp
- 1/2 cup cup butter 1 Stick melted
- Preheat Oven to 350° F.
- Melt a stick of butter and soften (heat slightly) an 8 oz. package of cream cheese. Microwave works for this or you can unwrap them and set them in a bowl set it on top of the pre-heating oven while you mix the dry ingredients.
- Line the bottom of a bread pan with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl combine almond flour & coconut flour. Use a fork to mix and de-clump.
- Once the flours are thoroughly de-clumpified, add the rest of the dry ingredients, and mix completely.
- In a separate mixing bowl – like the one on a Kitchen Aid – add the the softened cream cheese, melted butter, and mix until smooth.
- add the eggs and mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredient mixture to the bowl with the wet ingredients and mix just until they are combined. If you are using a stand up mixture you will want to use a silicone bowl scraper to get all of the unmixed ingredients off the sides and bottom of the bowl and then mix them in again.
- When the batter is mixed put it in the bread pan that you lined with parchment. It is pretty thick so you may need to use your silicone scraper to spread it evenly in the pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 50-55 minutes or until it is done in the middle. (tooth-pick) test.
We try to be accurate with our nutrition information otherwise what’s the point of posting them? But if you should see something that doesn’t look right it won’t hurt our feelings if you do your own calculations.
Thanks and Keto on Friends!
More Keto Information for You
Here at CITM we think Keto is easy healthy and delicious. That’s why we started this site.
We have lots of great Keto informational Post on our Keto Diet Page