I love blogging about food. There are so many things to say about food – the flavors, the textures, the way it makes us feel. Food is a huge part of our lives, and I think it's important to share our easy recipes with other people. Gone are the days of "family" recipes hidden away in dusty boxes- and I for one, am glad.
I want to talk about why I love blogging about food, and what inspires me to keep writing. It's so much more than a "hobby" for us.
Our four year blog-aversary is just passed so I thought I'd let anyone that's interested see how far a blog can actually come - even when you slow down the actual writing.
What do I love so much about food blogging?
- It really helped us get a handle on how the Keto Diet works.
- We wanted to help others be healthy and lose weight (a definite problem in this age of processed food and nasty chemicals).
- I cook and bake as a hobby anyway, why not share what I've taught myself?
- Recipe development is a science - and science is FUN.
- We turned a "hobby" into our MAIN source of income.
- We have enough money to feel secure.
- We can travel when we like, we can never get fired and a blog is a viable business that you can sell when you are ready.
- I get to take photos of amazing food and have learned so much about photography.
- Every once in a while we meet new people who we now call friends.
We're a small food blog but it's given us so much freedom!
And, you can check out the tiny workshop I created if you want to try this out for yourself...
When we first started out - our "Food Blog" idea worried our family...
No one we knew thought we could turn a "food blog" into an income source. And, some of them rolled their eyes when we called writing "a job".
In fact, most of our family still doesn't understand how it works and we've made peace with it.
But, since it has been so amazing for us I have decided to share exactly how we've done it. And how you can do it too.
If you want to start a rewarding business like this that you can work on as much or as little as you like, you can check out a workshop that I created to get you on the Food Blog Fast Track!